- Use the Play ▶ and Pause ❙❙ buttons to start and stop the audio or pick up where you left off.
- Adjust the Volume by clicking on the parallel vertical lines in the top right of your screen.
- Rewind 30 seconds or Share the audio using the buttons to the left and right of the ▶/❙❙ button.
- On Air: Browse the WNYC and WQXR streams from New York Public Radio. Click on a stream to listen.
- Saved: Add archived audio to Saved from the Trending menu or any page across our sites by using the + button. Take a single audio file off Saved by clicking on the red trash can icon.
- Trending: See what others are listening to most. Click ▶ to listen or + to add the story to the Saved queue.
- Feedback: Let us know about issues you're having specifically with the new player. For all other concerns, please contact Listener Services.
Listen at OnTheMedia.org on any device running iOS 5.1+ or Android 4.0+ or through the WNYC mobile app.
- Toggle the Play ▶ and Pause ❙❙ buttons to start and stop the audio and pick up where you left off.
- Adjust the Volume by clicking on the triangle next to the speaker icon.
- Listen pops out the player and begins playing the item.
- Add pops out the player and adds the item to the Saved menu.
- Download the MP3 file so you can import it into your own media software or portable MP3 player. (Some files will not be available for download due to copyright restrictions.)
- Embed opens a window with HTML code, allowing you to embed the audio player in your website or blog.
To use the audio player, you need the latest version of Flash, available for free download on Mac or PC. You may need to adjust the pop-up blocker on your browser to allow the pop-up version of the audio player to work. We recommend that you use current versions of web browser software. We do not support older versions of some browsers.