Show Me The Money

Friday, November 14, 2008

After months of asking The Federal Reserve to disclose the details of two trillion dollars in government loans to troubled financial institutions, Bloomberg News is suing The Fed under the Freedom of Information Act. Bloomberg News editor in chief Matt Winkler says taxpayers should know where their money is going.

Nader Omar MCM 101 from Pueblo, Colorado

I really do agree that it is the tax payers right to know where the money is going. It is just a little eerie that even after all this pressure the government still has not broken out of what the money has been used for yet. Possibly something that wasn't worth it? Or something that could be a little controversial.

Nader Omar ---- MCM 101

Nov. 20 2008 06:15 PM
superf88

(just download the entire show and listen to the first part, folks)

-- MAJOR props to the the Bloomberg editor for filing a FOI and sticking w the story-- THAT, of course, is the kind of journalism/effort/integrity that citizens pay for, now and forever.

Nov. 18 2008 09:58 AM
Jacob Fisher from Philadelphia, PA

Ah, but for the invisible hand to operate as Adam Smith intended there must be market transparency so the invisible hand has perfect knowledge. Treasury's opacity in this instance is an affront both to freedom of information and to free market capitalism.

Nov. 18 2008 09:18 AM
Flick from Olympia, WA

Back to the subject of the segment: Haven't the Bloomberg News folks heard of the "invisible hand of the market"?

Nov. 17 2008 05:52 PM
Chad from Yokohama, Japan

I thought it must be a joke: "If you'll stick around, I will..." But then he doesn't. ^,^;

Nov. 17 2008 02:52 AM
Om from Raleigh

The show stops after a minute or so. When can we expect to get the fixed feed?

Thanks Mike!

Nov. 15 2008 09:45 PM
Michael Vuolo, OTM producer from New York City

Hi all. Very sorry about the technical glitch with the podcast. Our engineers are working on it. Please check back in an hour or so. Thanks!

Nov. 15 2008 05:46 PM
kevin from Chelsea

I could not sssssstream tour show so woe

Nov. 15 2008 05:09 PM
Nicholas

Yes, the podcast doesn't work after the preview. I miss you guys!

Nov. 15 2008 04:32 PM
Javier

I absolutely cannot get my chores done without the podcast...and I am having a party tonight. Lots of people coming. You're my only hope...

Nov. 15 2008 04:27 PM
ryan from Phoenix

PLEASE fix it!!! I can't possibly get through weekend chores without it!

Nov. 15 2008 04:16 PM
Bruce from Vancouver, BC

I also had trouble with this podcast after 1 minute. I was able to open it in Audacity and save it out again to fix it, but it should be re-posted.

Nov. 15 2008 03:08 PM
Dan from California

Your podcast stops after 1 minute. I love your show and hope you can re-post it. Thanks,

Nov. 15 2008 03:02 PM