TV in the New Egypt

Friday, April 15, 2011

Television in a Mubarak free Egypt includes state television channels coming to terms with their new found freedoms and responsibilities. It also includes humor. Modeled on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", B+ (a.k.a. "The Bassem Youssef Show") emerged during the protests as a satirical and richly humorous take on the hypocrisy of government, celebrity and media. And now there's talk of this upstart web cast going regional.

Calill from raleigh

I agree with what Connor said in terms of replacing the old news figureheads with new ones, as it allows Egyptians and the media to get a fresh start on the news and restart, so to speak.

May. 16 2011 10:40 AM
Jquan Freeman from raleigh

At first, when I looked at this report I thought it was going to be boring. It actually turned out being really good. This makes want to find out what else is going on in Egypt.

Apr. 29 2011 02:50 PM
David Onyiego from raleigh

This report was much more interesting then I thought it was going to be. I've been watching this event take place on the news but i never had taken it into consideration until now.

Apr. 29 2011 02:37 PM
Renita B. from raleigh

I throughly enjoyed this report
i did not know egypt had so much
conflict in their country.

Apr. 29 2011 02:30 PM
David O., J'quan F., Renita B. from raleigh

TV in the New Egypt
By: David, J’quan, Renita
Personally If i lived in Egypt I would feel proud of my country because we have a great way to express ourselves through media. This makes me feel great to represent my country because we are able to communicate and express ourselves just like the United States. I feel just like the citizens in the U.S.
I feel this was a good report. Its wonderful that Egypt has more freedom with media and should no longer be effected by censorship. The overall quality of the report was excellent i liked everything that was said and feel more knowledgeable. I would tell anyone who is interested in Egypt's history should listen to this report.

Apr. 29 2011 02:28 PM
David O., J'quan F., Renita B. from raleigh

TV in the New Egypt
By: David, J’quan, Renita

This report like many others is an international affair it has affected several countries but mostly Egypt; Due to the problems with they’re most recent leader “Mr.Mubarak” but now with a Mubarak free Egypt. They now have more freedom with the media allowing them to express themselves: including humor!
In this article by Brooke Gladstone she interviews people to give us a in depth view of a supporter in the new television rules. Honestly I believe this is pretty bias due to the people she interviews. I think this situation is great and the fact that they have more freedom is wonderful but there must be some negative affects that they aren’t telling us about.

Apr. 29 2011 02:25 PM
David O., J'quan F., Renita B. from raleigh

TV in the New Egypt
By: David, J’quan, Renita

Apr. 29 2011 02:24 PM
Connor from Raleigh

I think replacing the faces of the media was a good idea because people would associate the old faces with lies even if they were telling the truth. I also think that an Egyptian version of The Daily Show is a good idea because it shows how stupid the media can be at times and provide a bit of hummor to the news. I dont think it is entierly fair to blame the media for the lies the spread because they were doing what the were told so they could keep their job and have food to put on the table.

Apr. 24 2011 08:27 PM