The NFL and Player Concussion

Friday, December 07, 2012

Transcript

In the past two years, seven former NFL players have killed themselves, and in each case, many argued that depression and dementia brought on by job-related concussions were to blame. The pressure is on the NFL to better protect its players, and the league is defending itself by running public service announcements during games. Bob talks to NFL Chief Marketing Officer Mark Waller about the campaign.

Acid Pauli - Mst

Guests:

Mark Waller

Hosted by:

Bob Garfield

Comments [1]

Patricia Lock from California

This is yet another story where a horrible tragedy occurs and the focus is skewed. A man shot and killed a young mother, reportedly because she went out when he wanted her to stay home with their baby (while he was out), then killed himself. The focus in 90% of the news reports? Football. The other 10%? Gun violence. Where is the rest of her story? I expected better of On the Media.

Dec. 14 2012 01:03 PM

Leave a Comment

Register for your own account so you can vote on comments, save your favorites, and more. Learn more.
Please stay on topic, be civil, and be brief.
Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments. Names are displayed with all comments. We reserve the right to edit any comments posted on this site. Please read the Comment Guidelines before posting. By leaving a comment, you agree to New York Public Radio's Privacy Policy and Terms Of Use.