A Conversation with Basketball Great Walt "Clyde" Frazier

Friday, March 29, 2013

Basketball Hall of Famer Walt "Clyde" Frazier has made a successful transition from NBA star to sports broadcaster on the MSG Network. With his cool rhymes and even cooler clothes, Frazier sat down with Brooke for a live event to discuss basketball, broadcasting and the art of being cool.

NBA on CBS 1970s theme music

Guests:

Walt Frazier

Hosted by:

Brooke Gladstone

Colin from Brooklyn

This is an abhorrent destruction of simple truths. People send you links where you can post your gutteral nonsense in full bloom.

Walt Frazier is a person that played basketball. No one outside of NY thinks anything about him.

Is this a good test spot phil?

Whats the number of characters in the db? for the comment thingy.

Dec. 03 2013 01:11 AM
Penny from Melbourne, Australia

I have zero interest in basketball, I live in Australia and I have never heard of Frazier before, but this is one of the best interviews I've ever heard... and I listen to a lot of radio. Loved it.

Apr. 13 2013 12:45 AM
burro from NorCal

This is a really fun interview. How can it not be New York-centric? It's a great New York story and Mr. Frazier is a great New York character.

Being familiar with Mr. Frazier's name and fame, but knowing nothing of his personality, I was very pleasantly surprised at his total lack of ego and I appreciated his wit, openness and humor along with his observations on the game.

I enjoyed meeting Mr. Frazier via my car radio as I drove to my family's Easter gathering.

Apr. 05 2013 10:36 PM
Mike DeLong from Santa Fe, NM USA

Yes the Walt Frazier segment was "too New York." I thought the highlight was when Frazier started talking about the plight of former athletes, and was disappointed Gladstone didn't follow up on that.

Apr. 01 2013 12:44 PM
nicole from Washington, DC

bob was right brook: too inside NYC.

Apr. 01 2013 09:09 AM
Peter from san jose

BROOKE GLADSTONE, in this interview of yours with Walt "Clyde" Frazier, you and your voice were sure hawt, but i looked all over for a link of you singing "Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen" and couldn't find it :-(( please post a link to it, THANKS.

Mar. 31 2013 08:41 PM
Matt from Boston

Good interview, but please, get past the old, "it ain't what it once was" line. 3-pointers bad for basketball and not displaying skill? Give me a break. And it seems like that was the most substantive instance of changed rules you could come up with. The NBA is a competitive and exciting league today.

Mar. 31 2013 02:48 PM
Jeff from the Ville - Go Cards!

What a delightful and fun interview! It was nice to hear from this wonderful man and to enjoy his good spirit.

Mar. 31 2013 01:01 PM
Terry McKenna from Dover NJ

This was a wonderful piece, especially for folks who lived through Walt Frazier's years as a NY Nick.

Mar. 31 2013 10:26 AM