Happy Friday Everyone!

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 04:04 PM

(BBC)

The week's over! The radio show'll be up on the site in a couple hours. Here're a bunch of things that I wanted to tell you about this week and didn't have time to:

A great HitFix interview with the Parks & Recs guys that shows you how smart sitcom writers think about making TV.

The BBC is doing a reality show about a trio of American Evangelicals who go to London to perform exorcisms. It seems like it'll be interesting in a "This is what England thinks of the U.S." way.

Yelp's suing a law firm for posting fake reviews. Seems wonk-ish, but it's interesting because it's novel. A couple years ago, it seemed like Yelp was being sued every few months by angry businesses that didn't quite understand the internet. Which makes this kind of a man-bites-dog story, albeit instead of a man biting a dog it's a business that usually gets sued suing someone instead.

If you watch Breaking Bad but aren't listening to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast, you should. It's Kelley Dixon, the show's editor, who is an over-the-top charming gruff genius, and usually Vince Gilligan, breaking down all the little choices that go into the show. It's sort of like the Parks & Rec interview - there's something endlessly satisfying about listening to creative geniuses think out loud.

And lastly, for your weekend, here are two videos of young children wholesomely pursuing fame.

Tags:

More in:

Yoshi K. from the Bay Area

I've only caught the mini-video podcasts that are part of the DVD extras, so I'll have to go back to the full-length ones when I'm up-to-date on my viewing — probably just as the series concludes, at this point!

Again, thanks for the great work, PJ (& OTM friends)!

Sep. 16 2013 11:50 PM

Yoshi, thanks for catching that, I fixed it. Isn't she so fantastic?

And Cynthia, Yoshi's correct, this week there should be a podcast feed for anyone who's interested. Thank you so much for reading and for listening.

Sep. 16 2013 10:58 AM
Yoshi K from the Bay Area

(Ugh…I realized it may be "bingeing" — cursory web research is inconclusive. If there were an edit function, I'd change it to "binge watching 'BB'" instead.)

Cynthia, from what I read over at http://tinyurl.com/oursyes, you can start subscribing as of the next, official debut episode and manually download this week's here: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/tldr_episode_/tldr_episode_0.mp3

Sep. 14 2013 07:51 PM
Cynthia

How do we download the podcast for tldr? I don't see anywhere to click to download it. WHen I click on the iTunes link it just takes me to the On the Media page on iTunes.

Sep. 14 2013 07:25 PM
Yoshi K. from The Bay Area

Belated thanks for this fantastic supplement to my weekly "OTM" fix. (I only learned about it via last week's episode…)

BTW, it's Kelley with two "e's" — something I know only because I've been binging on "BB" and related DVD bonus content in trying to get up to get up to speed for the series finale.

Sep. 14 2013 03:24 PM

Supported by

Embed the TLDR podcast player

TLDR is a short podcast and blog about the internet by PJ Vogt and Alex Goldman. You can subscribe to our podcast here. You can follow our blog here. We’re also on Twitter, and we play Team Fortress 2 more or less constantly, so find us there if you like to communicate via computer games from six years ago.

Feeds