Wednesday, May 21, 2014
By Alex Goldman
If you have been renting your apartment with impunity on Airbnb and you live in New York, it may be time to reconsider. Airbnb has been engaged for months in a legal and PR war against New York's Attorney General Eric Schneiderman over turning over user data, and it appears that today that fight has ended with Airbnb agreeing to give the Attorney General anonymized user data.
Friday, October 18, 2013
By PJ Vogt
New York Airbnb hosts are caught in an uncomfortable situation right now.
Monday, October 07, 2013
By PJ Vogt
Update 3:46PM: Airbnb has now said that they're refusing to comply with the Attorney General's demand. Whoa. This should be interesting. More over at New Tech City.
The New York Attorney General has ordered AirBnb to turn over records for anyone in New York who's ever rented out their apartment on the site.
- Dark Arts
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- #14 - The Knowledge
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- Vote First or Die
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The Elephant in the Room
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Prince's Troubled Relationship With the Internet
- The Life of James Foley