Friday, September 23, 2011
This week Wadah Khanfar stepped down as Director General at Al Jazeera after Wikileaks released cables revealing that he had altered coverage in response to pressure from the US. Or he left as a result of politics within Al Jazeera. Or he was pushed out for other reasons entirely. Bob talked about the possible reasons for Khanfar's departure with Lawrence Pintak, author of The New Arab Journalist: Mission and Identity in a Time of Turmoil and Dean of the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
- Dark Arts
- The Elephant in the Room
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Conservative Talk Radio's Election
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!
- When Is Undercover Reporting Justified?
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Election Polls Edition