Friday, August 16, 2013
The Al Jazeera media network is about to launch a new American channel, but limited cable carriage and negative perceptions about the Al Jazeera name might make it difficult to attract viewers. OTM producer Sarah Abdurrahman goes inside Al Jazeera America to find out how the new channel is trying to break into the US media market.
Friday, November 18, 2011
The regime of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad is becoming increasingly isolated. Eight months into the Syrian uprising, with estimates of more than 3,500 people killed, the Arab League voted to suspend Syria's membership in the organization. Bob speaks with Foreign Policy blogger Marc Lynch, who says the idea that Assad would lose legitimacy among fellow Arab leaders for killing his own people may seem obvious, but it is actually a revolutionary shift in the regional mentality.
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- Slender Man - The Internet's Monster
- Blame, Shame, or Deny?
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- On the Internet someone will always believe that you’re Rachel Leigh Cook.
- The Guardian Takes A Stand
- California's #DroughtShaming
- The Right to Record Police
- Covering the Longshots