Friday, January 13, 2012
With Mitt Romney's Republican opponents labeling him "corporate raider" and a "vulture" for his career in private equity, journalists are wondering whether this marks an inflection point for the hardline free-market ideology of the Right. Brooke talks with San Francisco State University Professor Charles Postel about the history of populism in American campaigning, and in what he calls "The Second Gilded Age."
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- 8 Minutes
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- What Does a Body Good?
- Do URL Believe in Magic?