Friday, December 09, 2011
Live streaming, the act of broadcasting a video to the internet in close to real time, is quickly becoming a staple tool of twenty-first century protestors. From Occupy Wall Street to the Egypt election last week to the Russian election this week, activists use cell phones as weapons of transparency: not only documenting but broadcasting events as they happen. Brooke talks to Mans Adler, founder of live streaming platform Bambuser.
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- 8 Minutes
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Hillary's Emails
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- News On The Website nationalreport.net is Fake