Friday, August 02, 2013
Since Detroit filed for bankruptcy last month, it's been the subject of intense national coverage. Detroit's also been held up as a metaphor for everything that ails the country financially. Bob talks to historian Kevin Boyle, who has written extensively about the city, about how Detroit is and isn't a good synecdoche for the rest of industrial America.
Nils Frahm - For
- Dark Arts
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- The Elephant in the Room
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Prince's Troubled Relationship With the Internet
- Vote First or Die
- Conservative Talk Radio's Election
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!