Friday, October 21, 2011
As the Occupy Wall Street protests spread around the world, they have changed the meaning and usage of the word "Occupy." Ben Zimmer, executive producer of the Visual Thesaurus and former "On Language" columnist for the New York Times, tracks how the word's meaning has shifted over just the last month.
Nicolas Jaar – "Problems with the Sun"
- The Language of Terror
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- 6 Months Later...
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Terrorism Edition
- Two Angry Men
- Feel This
- Why Paris, And Not Beirut?
- Lessons Unlearned
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Active Shooter Edition