Friday, July 11, 2014
For the past few weeks the media have been reporting on a surge in unaccompanied minors who are crossing the border illegally, bringing attention to the latest immigration crisis. But the reality of the situation is far more complicated. Brooke talks with reporter Bob Ortega about what's really happening on the border.
Friday, September 13, 2013
There has long been a quiet exception to the constitutional protection against warrantless search and seizure. It happens routinely at every US border, where federal agents are free to confiscate--and copy--contents of hard drives, cell phones, and other electronic data. Bob talks to New York Times contributor Susan Stellin, who broke a story this week with new insights into how the US government exploits the loophole to target journalists, activists and who knows who else.
- Japanese Captives, the diary of a Guantanamo Bay inmate, and more
- Hey Ladies
- Terror Reporting and Technological Paranoia
- “Invisible Boyfriend” Expands Boyfriend Repertoire, Sets up Perfect Meet-Cute
- ISIS and the Japanese Captives
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- British Men Are Posting Their Nipples on Twitter in Protest
- Debunking Conventional Wisdom
- I Am A Real Person
- In Defense of Corporate Persons