Friday, January 24, 2014
By Alex Goldman
Yesterday, revenge porn pioneer and all around gross dude Hunter Moore was indicted by the United States District Court for the Central District of California. But even though California has revenge porn statutes on the books, the bulk of the charges were made under what is known as the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, or, more colloquially, The Hacker Law.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Infamous internet troll Andrew “weev” Auernheimer was sentenced to three and a half years in prison this week. He was prosecuted under the controversial Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which critics call too stringent and punitive. Bob talks to Gawker writer Adrian Chen about whether Weev's prosecution will undermine attempts to reform the CFAA.
Plan B - Ill Manors
- Secure Connections
- #46 - Episode 45 Redux
- TLDR Podcast: JebBushforPresident.com
- Tell Us Where You Go To Feel Calm Online
- The Legacy of Lynching
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Safe Words
- Free And Open
- Goth Teens On The Internet Are Never What They Seem
- What Radio Can Teach The Internet