Chinese Communist Party
Friday, November 09, 2012
China is about to have an "election" of its own, with the assembly of the 18th Chinese Communist Party Congress happening this week. In addition to handing over power from one Paramount leader to the next, the Congress will oversee the appointment of the Standing Committee—the group of people who run China. Trying to figure out why they're chosen is often an exercise in the absurd for foreign journalists. Bob speaks with Time Magazine's Hannah Beech who describes what it's like to cover the party congress.
- The Cancer Show
- We Got Scooped: SCOTUS Edition
- Podcast Extra: After Oregon
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- That Facebook Disclaimer? Ignore It.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- Pope-ular Opinion
- The Cancer Show: Part 2
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump
- Debunking Migration Memes