Congress And Lawmakers
Friday, July 19, 2013
The 1948 Smith-Mundt Act was intended to shield U.S. citizens from American propaganda, which the State Department has been broadcasting abroad for decades. This month, the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act takes effect, allowing that material to be broadcast stateside. Bob talks with Washington State Democrat and bill co-sponsor Adam Smith who says there is no need to worry.
Friday, June 21, 2013
Last week, a bill called the We Are Watching You Act was introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives. It's meant to protect consumers from new technology that could monitor them as they watch TV or play video games. Brooke speaks to Rep. Walter Jones, one of the bill's cosponsors, about why he feels these regulations are necessary.
- Confession and Suppression
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Is True Crime Jinxed?
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- 'House of Cards' Recap: Sic Semper Francis
- Episode 3: You Have Just Been Served
- The Incredible Virtual World of One of the Americans Killed in Benghazi