Friday, March 28, 2014
The BuzzFeed quiz is ubiquitous; it seems as irresistible as it is inescapable. But when did we first start taking quizzes? Writer Sarah Laskow recently embarked on a quest to find out. She takes Brooke through her search for the Ur Quiz.
Try On the Media's first (and maybe last) quiz: Which 19th Century Media Baron Are You?
Friday, August 17, 2012
Helen Gurley Brown, longtime editor of Cosmopolitan died this week at the age of 90. While she may be best known for her sex tips in Cosmopolitan, Gurley Brown launched her career with the 1962 smash-hit book, "Sex and the Single Girl." Feminist, writer, and co-founder of Ms. magazine, Letty Cottin Pogrebin did publicity and advertising for the book and knew Gurley Brown for decades. Brooke speaks with Poegrebin about the cultural mark left by Gurley Brown.
- Dark Arts
- I Am An Outsider And So Can You!
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Making Money the 100-Songs-a-Day Way
- A Brief History Of The Political "Outsider"
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- #14 - The Knowledge
- Vote First or Die
- I Am A Real Person