Friday, February 01, 2013
Since 9/11, the FBI has stepped up its reliance on sting operations to catch potential terrorists before they strike. But in the process, says journalist Trevor Aaronson, the agency has ended up "hatching and financing more terrorist plots in the United States than any other group." Bob talks with Aaronson about his new book, The Terror Factory: Inside the FBI's Manufactured War on Terrorism.
Binky Griptite & The Mellowmatics - You're Gonna Cry
Friday, January 04, 2013
Last March, the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) was granted unprecedented power to collect data on ordinary U.S. citizens, data like flight records or lists of casino employees. Critics have likened the NCTC to the "Pre-Crime Squad" in the movie "Minority Report." Wall Street Journal reporter Julia Angwin talks with Bob about this dramatic shift in the intelligence community's power over US citizens.
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- 8 Minutes
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- What Does a Body Good?
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- Who Oversees the Drone Program?