Friday, April 25, 2014
This week the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Susan B. Anthony List vs. Driehaus, a case that could help decide whether it’s illegal to lie during a political campaign. Bob speaks with Adam Liptak, The New York Times Supreme Court correspondent about the case and whether banning lying impinges on free speech.
Friday, November 15, 2013
Last weekend, a small group of women in the local chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America held a meeting at a restaurant in a Dallas suburb. In the parking lot outside a group of men women and children wielding assault rifles held a pro-gun demonstration, saying they were exercising their First Amendment rights. Bob speaks to Slate's Dahlia Lithwick about the rise of Open Carry demonstrations, and whether carrying a gun qualifies as free speech.
- Dark Arts
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- #14 - The Knowledge
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Vote First or Die
- Prince's Troubled Relationship With the Internet
- The Elephant in the Room
- The Life of James Foley
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace