Gold Open Access
Friday, May 02, 2014
Some academic journals have embraced a “gold open access model” of publishing, wherein the scholars whose work appears in the journal pay for the privilege. Bob speaks with Jeffrey Beall, an academic librarian at the University of Colorado Denver who has assembled a list of "predatory journals" - journals that may be more interested in profit than academic contributions
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- 8 Minutes
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- What Does a Body Good?