Gold Open Access
Friday, July 05, 2013
Some academic journals have embraced a “gold open access model” of publishing, wherein the scholars whose work appears in the journal pay for the privilege. Bob speaks with Jeffrey Beall, an academic librarian at the University of Colorado Denver who has assembled a list of "predatory journals" - journals that may be more interested in profit than academic contributions.
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- What Does a Body Good?
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record
- Watchdogs In Tuxedos
- Narratives of Migration