Friday, May 23, 2014
Resveratrol is a chemical in red wine that, over the years, has been both heralded as heart healing and dismissed as bogus by the media. While this head-spinning trajectory is the norm in health reporting, it's enough to make health and science reporter Virginia Hughes question her profession. Brooke speaks with Hughes about the perils of reporting on the latest health news.
Friday, March 30, 2012
When "Obamacare" first debuted, opponents of the legislation criticized its cost and reach—not the possibility that it might be unconstitutional. But this week the Supreme Court spent three days hearing arguments on the mandated health care law. Brooke speaks to Politico's Josh Gerstein about how challenging Obamacare on constitutional grounds went from a zany fringe idea to a mainstream conversation.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- The War on Prevention
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Perception vs. Reality
- Confession and Suppression
- Speaking in Tongues
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The Scientologists and the Film Critics
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?