Friday, May 23, 2014
Resveratrol is a chemical in red wine that, over the years, has been both heralded as heart healing and dismissed as bogus by the media. While this head-spinning trajectory is the norm in health reporting, it's enough to make health and science reporter Virginia Hughes question her profession. Brooke speaks with Hughes about the perils of reporting on the latest health news.
Friday, March 30, 2012
When "Obamacare" first debuted, opponents of the legislation criticized its cost and reach—not the possibility that it might be unconstitutional. But this week the Supreme Court spent three days hearing arguments on the mandated health care law. Brooke speaks to Politico's Josh Gerstein about how challenging Obamacare on constitutional grounds went from a zany fringe idea to a mainstream conversation.
- Secure Connections
- "Be a Hater, Not a Jerk!": A Q+A with the Creator of Not @
- #46 - Episode 45 Redux
- TLDR Podcast: JebBushforPresident.com
- Tell Us Where You Go To Feel Calm Online
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Goth Teens On The Internet Are Never What They Seem
- The Legacy of Lynching
- Safe Words
- Privacy For Ransom