Friday, December 07, 2012
Last week the popular prediction market Intrade announced it would shut its doors to Americans after being sued by US regulators. US regulators have accused InTrade of violating the ban on off-exchange options trading - in other words, gambling. But others argue that sites like InTrade can be better predictors than pundits or polls. The New York Times’ Washington Bureau Chief David Leonhardt makes the case for prediction markets to Bob.
White Rabbits - Back For More
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- Confession and Suppression
- The War on Prevention
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Perception vs. Reality
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- Speaking in Tongues
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook