Friday, February 24, 2012
Jafar Panahi is an award-winning Iranian director who was recently given a six-year jail sentence and a twenty-year filmmaking ban for what his government has called propaganda against the state. In response, he’s made a movie. It’s called This is Not a Film, and he shot it in his apartment on a digital camera and an iPhone. Fellow Iranian filmmaker Jamsheed Akrami talks to Bob about the non-film, which was smuggled out of Iran in a cake.
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- What Does a Body Good?
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Watchdogs In Tuxedos
- Creepy New App Lets People Eavesdrop
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record