Friday, January 23, 2015
Friday, February 14, 2014
This week Japanese Olympic figure skater, Daisuke Takahashi, found himself in the midst of national scandal, through no fault of his own. Takahashi skated his short program to a piece of music that had been initially attributed to Mamoru Samuragochi, known as "Japan's Beethoven," who was recently revealed to be neither a composer, nor possibly even deaf. Bob talks with Roland Kelts, author of JapanAmerica, about the revelations and the Japanese media's reaction to them.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- Confession and Suppression
- The War on Prevention
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- Perception vs. Reality
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- Speaking in Tongues