Friday, January 23, 2015
Friday, February 14, 2014
This week Japanese Olympic figure skater, Daisuke Takahashi, found himself in the midst of national scandal, through no fault of his own. Takahashi skated his short program to a piece of music that had been initially attributed to Mamoru Samuragochi, known as "Japan's Beethoven," who was recently revealed to be neither a composer, nor possibly even deaf. Bob talks with Roland Kelts, author of JapanAmerica, about the revelations and the Japanese media's reaction to them.
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- 8 Minutes
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Hillary's Emails
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- News On The Website nationalreport.net is Fake