Friday, January 13, 2012
A Chinese toy maker is set to release a Steve Jobs action figure next month, but Apple is hoping to halt the sales of the doll by threatening legal action against the manufacturer. Apple successfully stopped a similar doll from being sold back in 2010, but the rules this time around might be different. Brooke speaks to paidcontent.org legal writer Jeff Roberts, who says the rules protecting personality rights don't carry on after death in most places.
- Confession and Suppression
- Is True Crime Jinxed?
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Episode 3: You Have Just Been Served
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- 'House of Cards' Recap: Sic Semper Francis
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Airline Edition
- Cashing in on Ferguson, That Letter to Iran, and Nihilism's Allure