Friday, October 28, 2011
Once again the intersection of NPR and politics has created a controversy. When Lisa Simeone, host of World of Opera was revealed to be acting as a spokesperson for an Occupy Wall Street inspired group in Washington D.C. - NPR decided to distance itself from the show by ending distribution. (The show will continue to be distributed by a local affiliate.) Bob spoke with Joyce Slocum, interim President and CEO of NPR about how and why that decision was made.
The Beatles - "I'm Only Sleeping (Rehearsal)"
- The Zika Effect
- I Am An Outsider And So Can You!
- Dark Arts
- Reporting Zika, Without Panic
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- A Brief History Of The Political "Outsider"
- Making Money the 100-Songs-a-Day Way
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- #14 - The Knowledge