Friday, June 17, 2011
Last week the FCC released a report which, at 360 pages, is one of the most comprehensive overviews of the US media ever produced. One key finding is that while media in general are diverse and vigorous, local reporting has taken a significant hit. Worst of all, neither old nor new media seem to have the resources to hold government accountable. Steve Waldman, who headed the project, explains.
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- What Does a Body Good?
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Watchdogs In Tuxedos
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record
- Narratives of Migration