Friday, January 11, 2013
In 1964, a documentary called Seven Up! sought to illustrate Britain's entrenched class system through the stories of 14 seven-year-olds. Michael Apted, an assistant on that film crew, ended up expanding the project into a longitudinal series: every seven years, he has directed a new documentary that revisits the characters as they grow. One of the most memorable characters from the series is Tony Walker, a London cab driver. Brooke speaks with Michael and Tony about the 2012 installment of the series, 56 Up.
UPDATE 1/15/2013: Check out our 56 Up web extra to hear selected outtakes from this interview.
Mary Z. Cox - Scarborough Fair
- Bench Press
- We Got Scooped: SCOTUS Edition
- The Cancer Show
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Podcast Extra: After Oregon
- Our Justices, Our Selves
- The Cancer Show: Part 2
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump
- Cameras In The Court (feat. The Justices)
- Pope-ular Opinion