Friday, April 05, 2013
On Sunday, the critically acclaimed AMC series Mad Men launches its sixth season. On Mad Men we see admen scrambling to match their ads to a new era - the 1960's. But in 1955, one real adman saw the future of advertising and it was funny. WNYC’s Sara Fishko tells the story of the pioneers of the "soft sell."
Friday, June 15, 2012
Mad Men's fifth season is over. From it's start, part of the show's allure has been the way it meticulously creates Manhattan in the 1960’s. Period specific language is part of that, but verbal anachronisms sneak in with surprising frequency. In this excerpt of the Lexicon Valley podcast, Bob Garfield and former OTM producer Mike Vuolo discuss the linguistic anachronisms in Mad Men.
- Bench Press
- We Got Scooped: SCOTUS Edition
- The Cancer Show
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Podcast Extra: After Oregon
- Our Justices, Our Selves
- The Cancer Show: Part 2
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump
- Cameras In The Court (feat. The Justices)
- Pope-ular Opinion