Friday, October 21, 2011
Under Apartheid rule, the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) was notorious as a megaphone of the ruling National Party. Now with three major TV channels and several radio stations broadcasting in 11 languages, the SABC continues to dominate the broadcast media market. With new media legislation in the pipeline, some are accusing the ANC government of employing the Apartheid-era control tactics. Bob talks to a smattering of journalists and media watchdogs on the ground in Johannesburg.
Sam Amidon – "Prodigal Son"
- #46 - Episode 45 Redux
- Privacy For Ransom
- Homegrown Terror
- TLDR Podcast: JebBushforPresident.com
- Free And Open
- The Myth Behind Defensive Gun Ownership
- The History of a Fearful Word
- Revolution Connections
- Tell Us Where You Go To Feel Calm Online
- After Chapel Hill Shooting, Calls of Bias from Middle East