Friday, July 11, 2014
There's an estimated 40,000 unidentified human remains in the United States. When writer Deborah Halber heard this figure, she did some research and discovered a thriving community of internet sleuths who spend hours trying to attach names to these John and Jane Does. Brooke speaks to Halber about her new book, The Skeleton Crew: How Amateur Sleuths Are Solving America’s Coldest Cases.
Sunday, June 08, 2014
In February of this year, Philip Welsh of Silver Spring, Maryland, was murdered. His murder remains unsolved, largely because he didn't use the internet, and left no digital trail. Alex talks to Philip's family and reporter Dan Morse about the case.
- #46 - Episode 45 Redux
- Safe Words
- Vicemo Shows Who's Paying for Drugs, Booze, and Sex
- Far More Than Fifty
- Episode 45
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Reminder: Anyone Can Pay Money to Bug You on Facebook. Or Maybe Not.
- #47 - JebBushforPresident.com
- Prostitute Laundry
- Whistleblowers, the Legacy of Lynching, and Vintage Jon Stewart