Monday, February 03, 2014
By Alex Goldman
Last week brought us two patent troll stories.
Do you remember Lycos? It was sort of the proto-Google, and was, for a time in the late 90's, the most visited site on the web. Those days are now long gone, but patents that were once owned by Lycos are now being used to force Google to fork over a hefty chunk of its revenue.
- #46 - Episode 45 Redux
- Safe Words
- Vicemo Shows Who's Paying for Drugs, Booze, and Sex
- Far More Than Fifty
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Episode 45
- TLDR Podcast: JebBushforPresident.com
- Reminder: Anyone Can Pay Money to Bug You on Facebook. Or Maybe Not.
- Is Anybody Down?
- Whistleblowers, the Legacy of Lynching, and Vintage Jon Stewart