Monday, February 03, 2014
By Alex Goldman
Last week brought us two patent troll stories.
Do you remember Lycos? It was sort of the proto-Google, and was, for a time in the late 90's, the most visited site on the web. Those days are now long gone, but patents that were once owned by Lycos are now being used to force Google to fork over a hefty chunk of its revenue.
- Dark Arts
- The Elephant in the Room
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Prince's Troubled Relationship With the Internet
- Conservative Talk Radio's Election
- Vote First or Die
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!