Friday, December 07, 2012
This week a man was shoved off a New York subway platform and killed by an oncoming train. A freelance photographer on assignment for the New York Post happened to be on the platform, camera in hand. He shot the scene, and the Post printed a photo of the man’s last moment before being struck by a train on the front page. Brooke talks to New York Times media columnist David Carr about the resulting controversy around the photo.
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- 8 Minutes
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- Hillary's Emails
- Do URL Believe in Magic?