Friday, May 02, 2014
Some academic journals have embraced a “gold open access model” of publishing, wherein the scholars whose work appears in the journal pay for the privilege. Bob speaks with Jeffrey Beall, an academic librarian at the University of Colorado Denver who has assembled a list of "predatory journals" - journals that may be more interested in profit than academic contributions
- The Elephant in the Room
- Dark Arts
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Conservative Talk Radio's Election
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- When Is Undercover Reporting Justified?
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Election Polls Edition
- The Mystery of Childish Gambino