Friday, July 05, 2013
Some academic journals have embraced a “gold open access model” of publishing, wherein the scholars whose work appears in the journal pay for the privilege. Bob speaks with Jeffrey Beall, an academic librarian at the University of Colorado Denver who has assembled a list of "predatory journals" - journals that may be more interested in profit than academic contributions.
- 6 Months Later...
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- The Language of Terror
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Two Angry Men
- Surveillance Beyond the Patriot Act
- Feel This
- Let’s Stop Sending Nasty Emails to Macaulay Culkin
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Terrorism Edition