Friday, February 22, 2013
Friday, October 05, 2012
Nate Silver is something of an authority on political forecasting. In 2008, his blog FiveThirtyEight correctly predicted the outcome of the presidential race in 49 out of 50 states. (In that same election, he was also right about all 35 senate races.) Bob sits down with Silver to talk about the 2012 election as well as his new book, The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail—But Some Don't.
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- What Does a Body Good?
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Watchdogs In Tuxedos
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record
- Creepy New App Lets People Eavesdrop