Friday, October 14, 2011
In a recent episode of the professional wrestling program WWE Raw, wrestling superstars, divas, referees, and announcers "walked off" the job to protest what they claimed were unsafe working conditions. In real-life, pro wrestlers might have cause for labor agitation: the WWE hires wrestlers as independent contractors and therefore does not provide Social Security or health insurance benefits. Brooke spoke to Deadspin writer David Shoemaker about the chance of life imitating art in professional wrestling.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- Perception vs. Reality
- The War on Prevention
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Speaking in Tongues
- Confession and Suppression
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- The Scientologists and the Film Critics