Friday, October 14, 2011
In a recent episode of the professional wrestling program WWE Raw, wrestling superstars, divas, referees, and announcers "walked off" the job to protest what they claimed were unsafe working conditions. In real-life, pro wrestlers might have cause for labor agitation: the WWE hires wrestlers as independent contractors and therefore does not provide Social Security or health insurance benefits. Brooke spoke to Deadspin writer David Shoemaker about the chance of life imitating art in professional wrestling.
- 6 Months Later...
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- The Language of Terror
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Two Angry Men
- Feel This
- Let’s Stop Sending Nasty Emails to Macaulay Culkin
- Surveillance Beyond the Patriot Act
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Terrorism Edition