Friday, June 20, 2014
NPR recently announced that Tell Me More would be cancelled due to financial constraints. As journalist Veralyn Williams put it, it's "The End of NPR's Blackest Show." Brooke talks with Williams and Keith Woods, NPR's VP of Diversity in News and Operations, about the loss and what it means for diversity at NPR.
Friday, October 05, 2012
Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney said in Wednesday's debate that, if elected, he'd end the use of taxpayer money to support public media. Should we? In 2010, Reason.com editor-in-chief Nick Gillespie told Brooke that yes, we should. On the other side, New Yorker editor Steve Coll told Bob why public radio should continue to receive some taxpayer support.
- The Zika Effect
- I Am An Outsider And So Can You!
- Dark Arts
- From Rubella to Roe vs. Wade
- Reporting Zika, Without Panic
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The Power of the Zika Poster Child
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- "Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don't"
- A Brief History Of The Political "Outsider"