Friday, July 19, 2013
Sponsored content, or "native advertising," is increasingly becoming a source of revenue for the financially strapped news media. But this can be dangerous territory since native advertising is often made to resemble the actual editorial content. Bob talks to Steve Rubel, chief content strategist at the PR firm Edelman, about an ethical framework for navigating the murky waters of sponsored content partnerships.
Friday, June 15, 2012
The New York Times reported this week that the Assad family employs Western PR firms to polish its image for the rest of the world. A few years ago, Harper’s contributing editor Ken Silverstein went undercover and approached PR firms as a fake representative of a tyrant who needed to improve his image. He talks to Bob about what he learned.
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- The Language of Terror
- 6 Months Later...
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Terrorism Edition
- Two Angry Men
- Feel This
- Why Paris, And Not Beirut?
- Lessons Unlearned
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Active Shooter Edition