Friday, October 07, 2011
Writers Rachel Manija Brown and Sherwood Smith co-authored Stranger, a post-apocalyptic teen novel. Despite the popularity of the genre, the authors say they can't find a publisher because one of the book's main characters is gay. Brooke talks to Brown about the publishing industry's aversion to gay characters in teen fiction.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- The War on Prevention
- Perception vs. Reality
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The Mystery of Childish Gambino
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Speaking in Tongues
- Confession and Suppression
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?