Friday, September 13, 2013
The Committee to Protect Journalists reports that nearly half of the journalists killed in Syria since the conflict began were freelancers. Several UK based newspapers said they would no longer use freelance journalists in war zones. But, according to documentarian and teacher Richard Pendry, these same newspapers are still hiring freelancers, but setting up hurdles to lower the papers’ liability.
Andrew Pekler - Here Comes the Night
- Dark Arts
- I Am An Outsider And So Can You!
- The Zika Effect
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- A Brief History Of The Political "Outsider"
- Making Money the 100-Songs-a-Day Way
- Reporting Zika, Without Panic
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- #14 - The Knowledge