Friday, December 23, 2011
A week ago footage of an anonymous woman, knocked to the ground in Cairo, dragged and beaten by Egyptian soldiers, ricocheted around the world. During the attack the woman, unconscious, had her shirt pulled up over her head, exposing her blue bra. Cairo journalist Issandr El Amrani tells Brooke how the 'blue bra girl' has become a potent symbol of Egypt's political turmoil.
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- 8 Minutes
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Hillary's Emails
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- News On The Website nationalreport.net is Fake