Friday, December 07, 2012
The threat of man-made machines rising up against humanity sounds like the premise of a science fiction movie, but a group of academics in the UK are looking into the possibility that such a threat could become reality. A new research center at the University of Cambridge is examining extinction-level risks to humanity, from the rise of killer robots to nuclear war. Brooke speaks with Martin Rees, an astrophysics professor and co-founder of the Center for the Study of Existential Risk.
TV On The Radio - Don't Love You
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- What Does a Body Good?
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- Narratives of Migration
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record
- Our Technicolor Eye in the Sky
- Do URL Believe in Magic?