Sex And The Single Girl
Friday, August 17, 2012
Helen Gurley Brown, longtime editor of Cosmopolitan died this week at the age of 90. While she may be best known for her sex tips in Cosmopolitan, Gurley Brown launched her career with the 1962 smash-hit book, "Sex and the Single Girl." Feminist, writer, and co-founder of Ms. magazine, Letty Cottin Pogrebin did publicity and advertising for the book and knew Gurley Brown for decades. Brooke speaks with Poegrebin about the cultural mark left by Gurley Brown.
- The Elephant in the Room
- Dark Arts
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- 'We've Sort of Become Friends': Remembering David Foster Wallace
- Conservative Talk Radio's Election
- The Dark Art of Political Dirt Digging
- Bernie Sanders Is Running For President!
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- When Is Undercover Reporting Justified?
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Election Polls Edition