Friday, August 03, 2012
A few months ago, Volkswagen asked to use a song by the indie-rock band Beach House for a car commercial. The band declined, but shortly afterward, a Volkswagen ad appeared with a very similar sounding song. Ad agencies that want the feel of a famous pop song, but can't get the rights, sometimes try to get as close as they can without being sued. In a story that originally aired in 2001, Bob takes a look at the nefarious underworld of soundalikes.
- The Zika Effect
- I Am An Outsider And So Can You!
- Dark Arts
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Reporting Zika, Without Panic
- The Power of the Zika Poster Child
- Howard Dean's Scream, Revisited
- A Brief History Of The Political "Outsider"
- Making Money the 100-Songs-a-Day Way
- From Rubella to Roe vs. Wade