Friday, March 22, 2013
We have known for years that certain words and phrases can get Chinese internet users flagged for surveillance by the Chinese government. Now a computer science graduate student at the University of New Mexico has compiled an extensive list of the sometimes surprising words and phrases that put Chinese internet censors on alert. Bob talks to Jeffrey Knockel about how he cracked the code of the Chinese version of Skype to compile the list.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- Perception vs. Reality
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The War on Prevention
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Speaking in Tongues
- Confession and Suppression
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- The Mystery of Childish Gambino