This Is Not A Film
Friday, February 24, 2012
Jafar Panahi is an award-winning Iranian director who was recently given a six-year jail sentence and a twenty-year filmmaking ban for what his government has called propaganda against the state. In response, he’s made a movie. It’s called This is Not a Film, and he shot it in his apartment on a digital camera and an iPhone. Fellow Iranian filmmaker Jamsheed Akrami talks to Bob about the non-film, which was smuggled out of Iran in a cake.
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- The War on Prevention
- The Scientologists and the Film Critics
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- Confession and Suppression
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Perception vs. Reality
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Speaking in Tongues