Friday, August 03, 2012
A few months ago, Volkswagen asked to use a song by the indie-rock band Beach House for a car commercial. The band declined, but shortly afterward, a Volkswagen ad appeared with a very similar sounding song. Ad agencies that want the feel of a famous pop song, but can't get the rights, sometimes try to get as close as they can without being sued. In a story that originally aired in 2001, Bob takes a look at the nefarious underworld of soundalikes.
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- "Young, Charismatic, & Ambitious"
- What Does a Body Good?
- Dr. Oz Fights For Credibility
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Watchdogs In Tuxedos
- Do URL Believe in Magic?
- Getting Clinical Trials On The Record
- Creepy New App Lets People Eavesdrop